Empowering women within a responsible and sustainable approach to corporate diversity is the right thing to do and makes sound business sense.
RATP Dev Middle East, the regional business unit of RATP Dev – France’s leading international urban mobility company – has become a signatory to the Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs), as part of an initiative led by UNGC with the support of the Embassy of France and the French business community in the UAE. RATP Dev Middle East signed the CEO Statement of Support for the WEPs at a signing ceremony organised to coincide with International Women’s Day 2018 (March 8th) by the United Nation’s Global Compact (UNGC) UAE Network in Dubai, where the company has its MENA regional headquarters.
The CEO Statement of Support for the Women's Empowerment Principles was signed on behalf of RATP Dev Middle East by Olivier Badard, CEO Asia, Middle East & North Africa, demonstrating the company’s voluntary support to gender equality, empowering women and specifically the seven WEPs principles, as a corporate priority. The CEO Statement of Support has been signed by over 550 chief executives of companies around the world.
The seven Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs):
1. Establish high-level corporate leadership for gender equality
2. Treat all women and men fairly at work – respect and support human rights and non-discrimination
3. Ensure the health, safety and well-being of all women and men workers
4. Promote education, training and professional development for women
5. Implement enterprise development, supply chain and marketing practices that empower women
6. Promote equality through community initiatives and advocacy
7. Measure and publicly report on progress to achieve gender equality
Commenting on the signing of the WEPs by RATP Dev Middle East, Mr. Olivier Badard, CEO of RATP Dev Asia, Middle East & North Africa, said: "The men and women who make up our Group are our greatest asset and the drivers of our growth. No matter the line of work (operations, maintenance, or specialized functions such as support) or the mode of transportation (metro, rail, tram or bus), everyone contributes to the group’s momentum all around the world. Recruitment, integration, training, mobility, etc.— at every stage of working life, RATP Dev is committed to promoting equality, respect and equity between men and women. This is an invaluable asset to building teams that are open-minded, responsive, and agile.”